Considerations about the Oscars:
1. It was predictable. I got 90% of all the winners right. 100% if you include the ones I put as runner ups. But it doesn’t mean it wasn’t good.
2. “12 Years a Slave” is by far the best winning picture this century and the best since “American Beauty” in 1999. Too bad McQueen didn’t get his Best Director award. We all know he deserved it, though.
3. My favourite part of the show was like the 3 seconds of Cate Blanchett’s speech, when she dragged the shameful misogyny of the industry.
4. The awards taken won by “Gravity” say a lot about that film: an esthetic delight, a considerable technical achievement with a bland and shallow story.
5. “American Hustle”! Lol. The new “True Grit”. 10 nominations, 0 win. Well deserved for a film made to win awards and that portrays women as hysterical and subordinate to men. O Russel, you bitch!